Creek to Bay Cleanup Day
Coastal Cleanup the Napa Way!
Thank you to everyone who helped with Coastal Cleanup Day 2012!
Stay tuned for details about next year's event which will be
Saturday, September 21, 2013
9am to Noon
California Coastal Cleanup Day is a statewide effort to clean trash and debris from California’s coast, bays, creeks, rivers, and lakes. The event is part of International Coastal Cleanup Day, when thousands of volunteers in all 50 states and 90 countries take part in the largest waterway and beach cleanup of the year.
In Napa County in 2012, 587 volunteers collected 5,743 pounds of trash and 2,297 pounds of recyclables. Approximately 14.5 miles of waterways were cleaned. Click here for results from previous years.
Volunteers are needed at the clean up sites below:
- Click here for information about each site
- Large groups, please call in advance: 707-252-4188 x111
- Riverside Drive, at end of Elm St
- South Wetlands, south end of Jefferson Street
- Kennedy Park, near boat launch
- Butler Bridge, end of Soscol Ferry Rd
- Vintage High School, behind cafeteria
- Napa Creek, parking lot of Firefighter's Museum at the corner of Main and Pearl Streets
- Mt. Veeder, Dry Creek-Lokoya Fire Station, 5900 Dry Creek Road
- American Canyon
- Call 707-647-4550 for details
-BYOB! If you can bring your own trash container -a bucket, bin, bag, etc. we can cut down on the resources used during our cleanup!
- Garbage bags and gloves will still be provided at each site.
- Water will be available, but please bring your own reusable bottles of water!
- Wear sunscreen and clothes that can get dirty.
- Signed waivers are required:
All volunteers must read and sign a liability waiver before participating in the event. Children under 18 are required to have the form signed by a parent or legal guardian. Each cleanup site will have waiver forms. Click here to download the waiver (available at each site as well). Read it, sign it, and bring it to the event.
Contact Stephanie Turnipseed, Creek to Bay Cleanup Day Coordinator, at
(707) 252-4188 x111 or email@example.com