Creek to Bay Cleanup Day
Coastal Cleanup the Napa Way!
Join us for the 30th Annual Coastal Cleanup Day
Saturday, September 20th from 9am to noon!
California Coastal Cleanup Day is a statewide effort to clean trash and debris from California’s coast, bays, creeks, rivers, and lakes. The event is part of International Coastal Cleanup Day, when thousands of volunteers in all 50 states and 90 countries take part in the largest waterway and beach cleanup of the year.
In Napa County in 2013, 337 volunteers collected roughly 5,800 pounds of trash and 2,700 pounds of recyclables. Approximately 20 miles of waterways were cleaned. Click here for results from previous years.
Volunteers are needed at the clean up sites below:
- Click here for information about each site
- Large groups, please call in advance: 707-252-4188 x111
- Riverside Drive, at end of Elm St
- South Wetlands, south end of Jefferson Street
- Kennedy Park, near boat launch
- Butler Bridge, end of Soscol Ferry Rd
- Vintage High School, behind cafeteria
- Napa Creek, parking lot of Firefighter's Museum at the corner of Main and Pearl Streets
- Yountville- TBD
- American Canyon
- Cleanup and Environmental Fair! Visit www.cityofamericancanyon.org or call 707-647-4550 for details
- Lake Berryessa
- Trail and shoreline cleanup at the South end of the lake and a dive site at Pope Creek. Kayak and canoe support is needed as well as sorters and ground crew. Lunch will be provided at the Oak Shores Day Use Area after the cleanup.
-BYOB! If you can bring your own trash container -a bucket, bin, bag, etc. we can cut down on the resources used during our cleanup!
- Garbage bags and gloves will still be provided at each site.
- Water will be available, but please bring your own reusable bottles of water!
- Wear sunscreen and clothes that can get dirty.
- Signed waivers are required:
All volunteers must read and sign a liability waiver before participating in the event. Children under 18 are required to have the form signed by a parent or legal guardian. Each cleanup site will have waiver forms. Click here to download the waiver (available at each site as well). Read it, sign it, and bring it to the event.
Call (707) 252-4188 x100 for more information.